11 April 2010

A dreamy post

Aimlessly and endlessly surfing the internet this weekend, I accidentally came across Globus On the Road contest. The contest was over but the guy behind it, Rishad Saam Mehta, who writes travel articles for various leading newspapers, filled me with a sense of slight envy.What an amazing profession he has ! He travels, writes, does stunning photography and while on the job, does scuba diving, trekking and collecting art or posters from street markets around the world.
I wish I land into a career like this...
I don't know my route, which course shall i opt for post-graduation, will my engineering be in line with it, future prospects, possibilities, the so-called 'family circumstances' in India, what studies or preparation should i start from now...and so on. Just two words can shut the above sentence up: No Idea. But still there are dreams...hopes...and faith. So the search for possibilities is on..trying to combine interests with options available.. and i definitely will find a way. But the stage of 'madness about dream' will arrive only when i am clear and sure of what i have to do. Whatever it will be; travelling, photography and adventure sports will surely be a part of it.

Truly, only idiots chase dreams and I'll be happy to be one.
...because there is immense power in dreams.
[ Playing in the background: Dream the Dream by Shaznay Lewis ]

5 comments:

Gauri Mathur said...

Belive in your dreams!It can take you Higher!
I am a dreamer too!!
Cheers:-)

Anonymous said...

Well.. I am also aimlessly wandering and trying to figure out what will make the life better... higher education.. work etc.. in between I like to surf net and read blog posts!! ;)

GurNeet said...

@Gauri
Exactly true...every great establishment starts from a dream...
Anyway, welcome to my blog :)

GurNeet said...

@rockinrav
Yeah...most of us are wandering without exactly knowing where we are heading...and that's the fun element in it.
Welcome and Keep visiting..

Anonymous said...

yea.. there's fun in the uncertainty..

Wo kehte hain na, "Haar Jeet ek alag baat hai, main kyun apna daon chhod dun!"

Let's keep trying for what we want and see what's there in the cards...