17 August 2010

Dhokha !!

I am currently reading Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. An intelligent story with brilliant narration.(till now)
Total: 25 chapters. After reading chapter 16, just when the story was taking an important turn, I noticed that chapters 17 & 18 were missing!!
The story directly jumps to chapter 19 which is printed twice. Fuming with anger and disgust, I felt like tearing the book apart into a million pieces and throwing it out of the train.
However, as I gained control over my emotion (after listening to a Euphoria's song), I began reading further.

Chapter 19 onwards. Got to know that one of the main characters, Hassan died. Its itching to know HOW??
Currently, I am in the mid of chapter 22.
It was a paperback edition by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc :(

~Added later~
Completed!
Just a few doubts left uncleared-
How did Hassan and his wife die?
Who were the Caldwells?

No comments: